How To Have Your Cake And Eat It, Too | Weddings On The Water
They say you can’t have your cake and eat it, too. But, on your wedding day, it shouldn’t have to be this way. You should pick a venue that allows you to have the best of both worlds, especially when it comes to the following
- You can have the wedding of your dreams, without doing all of the planning. It’s possible! Be sure to hire an experienced wedding planner — better yet, one who firmly understands the in’s and out’s of the event space and can successfully execute the detailed vision you provide. For a wedding planning checklist provided by an expert, look no further than The Edgewater’s Michael Stapleton, who offers five pro tips to keep your wedding day stress-free here.
- You can have a gourmet menu, without searching for a chef or catering company. You deserve a venue that offers crowd-pleasing, yet distinguished cuisine for your guests. Remember: just because it’s best to serve chicken, beef or fish, doesn’t mean the dish has to be boring.
Be sure to choose a venue with a renowned catering staff that plates a colorful dish like this one impeccably, every time. You deserve no less than the best.
- You and your wedding party can have hair and makeup done, without ever leaving the building. It’s true. Look for a venue with a spa on site. Why risk the weather ruining your fresh hair-do and makeup?
Choose a spa with a mission to help you look and feel radiant, while providing a relaxing, stress-free environment on your big day.
For instance, The Edgewater Spa offers special bridal packages, which allow you and your bridal party to rent out the entire space. There’s nothing more relaxing than getting aisle-ready with your closest friends, champagne, and snacks on hand.
- You can have your ceremony and reception on the water, no matter what time of year. The quiet beauty of a winter wedding on the lake certainly rivals the elegance of a summer one. And, in the spring, when it’s too chilly to be outdoors, but the trees begin budding… it really is a magnificent view.
If you want to have your wedding on the water, pick a venue with big windows (you know, like in our Grand Ballroom, Sky Bar or The Statehouse even). That way, you aren’t limited to the expense of a summer, or fall wedding if you want to celebrate lakeside.
- You CAN have your cake, and eat it, too. Really, you can have and eat as much cake as you want. It is your wedding day, after all.
Scheduling your wedding events at The Edgewater ensures that your planner will receive their choice of a dinner for two at one of our restaurants (value up to $200), or a 90-minute spa treatment of his or her choice (value up to $200).
Offer valid for events booked by 10/31/15. If no planner present, bride will receive the gift.