Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Edgewater’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Edgewater’s web site;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Edgewater at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on The Edgewater’s web site are provided “as is”. The Edgewater makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Edgewater does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Edgewater or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Edgewater’s Internet site, even if The Edgewater or a The Edgewater authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Edgewater’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Edgewater does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Edgewater may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Edgewater does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Edgewater has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Edgewater of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to The Edgewater’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Welcome to The Edgewater Hotel high-speed Internet (the “Service”). The Service is being provided by The Edgewater Hotel, in conjunction with 5NINES LLC. Your use of the Service indicates your acceptance of these Use of Service.
The Edgewater will make every effort to maintain the captive portal website and the services so that they are available to our guest but, are provided on an “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any warranties or liability of any kind. Neither the Edgewater nor 5NINES LLC shall be subject to liability for any information, delays or interruptions of the website or the services from whatever cause.
Use of the Service
The Service is made available provided:
- You do not use the Service for anything unlawful, immoral or improper;
- You do not use the Service to make offensive or nuisance communications in whatever form. Such usage includes posting, transmitting, uploading, downloading or otherwise facilitating any content that is unlawful, defamatory, threatening, a nuisance, obscene, hateful, abusive, harmful (including but not limited to viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs), a breach of privacy, or which is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not use the Service to harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- You do not act nor knowingly permit others to act in such a way that the operation of the Service or our systems will be jeopardized or impaired;
- You do not use abusive or threatening behavior towards other users of the Service, members of our staff or any guest of The Edgewater.
- You do not use the Service to access or use content in a way that infringes the rights of others;
- The Service is used in accordance with any third-party policies for acceptable use or any relevant internet standards (where applicable).
- You agree not to resell or re-broadcast any aspect of the Service, whether for profit or otherwise. You accept that your entitlement to use the Service is for your personal use only and that you shall not be entitled to transfer your entitlement to use the Service to any other person or allow any other person to make use of the Service or of any username or password or other entitlement supplied to you in connection with the Service.
- You also agree not to modify the Unit or use the Service for any fraudulent purpose, or in such a way as to create damage or risk to our business, reputation, employees, subscribers, facilities, third parties or to the public generally.
- You have no proprietary or ownership rights to any username or password or to a specific IP address, or e-mail address assigned to you or your Unit. We may change such addresses at any time or deactivate or suspend Service to any address without prior notice to you if we suspect any unlawful or fraudulent use of the services.
- The Edgewater and/or 5NINES LLC does not control, nor is it in any way liable for, information, data or content that you access or receive via the Service. The Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be sexually explicit or offensive to you. Whereas THE EDGEWATER use efforts to restrict such content THE EDGEWATER and/or 5NINES LLC has no control over and accepts no responsibility for such materials.
- The Edgewater is not a publisher of third-party content that can be accessed through the Service and is not responsible for any opinions, advice, statements, services or other information provided by third parties and accessible through the Service. You are responsible for evaluating such content.
- It is your responsibility to evaluate the value and integrity of goods and services offered by third parties accessible via the service. THE EDGEWATER will not be a party to nor in any way be responsible for any transaction concerning third party goods and services. You are responsible for all consents, royalties and fees related to third party vendors whose sites, products or services you access, buy or use via the Service.
- THE EDGEWATER does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of information that is obtained through the Service.
- If you choose to use the Service to access web sites or content provided by third parties or purchase products from third parties, then your personal information may be available to the third-party provider. The way third parties handle and use your personal information related to the use of their services is governed by their policies and THE EDGEWATER has no responsibility for their policies, or third parties’ compliance with them.
- THE EDGEWATER is providing this Service to customers as part of the Edgewater Resort Fee and is intended to support general web browsing activities.
The Edgewater may send promotional, marketing, or newsletters to the email address that you provided to access to internet. You may opt out of receiving any, or all communications from The Edgewater using the unsubscribe feature within the email.
If you looking to exercise your individual rights under the GDPR, please email Privacy@TheEdgewater.com, or mail us at:
The Edgewater Hotel
Global Compliance, Privacy
1001 Wisconsin Pl
Madison, WI 53703
United States of America
We look forward to providing you with experiences that exceed your expectations both online and at our hotel. For your protection, you may be asked to verify your identity before we respond to your request.