The Edgewater Hotel, (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.theedgewater.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use Personal Information to provide you with services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, to contact you about these services, and to send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you. We also use Personal Information to fulfill your bookings, to collect payment, and to manage your reservations.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Online Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information is any information collected and recorded in a format that allows you to personally identify, either directly (for example, name) or indirectly (for example, phone number), as a natural person.
Types of Data We Collect – Personal Data
While using our Hotel Online Services to request information, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data is any information collected and recorded in a format that allows you to personally identify, either directly (for example, name) or indirectly (for example, phone number), as a natural person. Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Credit or Debit card information
- Cookies and Usage Data
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect personal data from you in a variety of different ways:
- Online Services – We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey or promotional offer.
- Property Visits and Offline Interactions – We collect Personal Data when you visit our property or sign up for access for high speed internet. We also collect Personal Data when you attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Data to facilitate an event.
- Business Partners – We collect Personal Data from companies with whom we partner to provide you with goods, services. Examples of Business Partners include travel and tour partners and travel booking platforms. Business Partners are independent from the Edgewater Hotel Company.
- Other Data – Data that generally does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate you. To the extent Other Data reveals your specific identity or relates to you, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data.
How We Collect Other Data
- Your browser or device – We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Cookies – We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more about controlling cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html .
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or by managing your tracking preferences by clicking on “Tracking Preferences” located at the bottom of our home page. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs.
- Pixel Tags – We collect data from pixel tags which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
- IP Address – We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Aggregated Data – We may aggregate data that we collected, and this data will not personally identify you or any other user.
- Affiliate Hotels and subsidiaries for purposes described in this policy.
- Service Providers, professional advisors and business partners with whom we collaborate for purposes described in this business policy. The types of service providers may include technology providers, meeting and event planners, travel agents and online travel agencies, and advertising and marketing partners.
- Legal and regulatory personal to protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile apps), and claims and other liabilities.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to transfer the information we maintain in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (or during the negotiations of any of such sale or transfer). If we engage in such a sale or transfer (or related negotiations), we will – where required by applicable law – make reasonable efforts to direct the recipient to use the personal information we provide in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. After such a sale or transfer, individuals may contact the recipient with any questions concerning the processing of their personal information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to strict confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, financial, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all the personal information we hold about you when it is no longer required.
Updating or Accessing Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Those rights include:
- to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we have and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- to request correction of the personal data we maintain. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data that is provided;
- to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal/financial reasons which will be communicated to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- to object to the processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- to request restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following reasons:
- Establishment of data’s accuracy;
- Use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- Hold the data even if we no longer require it, so you can exercise or defend legal claims; or
- Objection to our use of your data.
- to request transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
If you wish to exercise any of those rights we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made multiple requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Managing Your Information
We want to give you choices regarding use of your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes. We have established a privacy department where you can view and make certain decisions about your personal data use and if you wish to access this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at:
The Edgewater Hotel
Global Compliance, Privacy
1001 Wisconsin Pl
Madison, WI 53703
United States of America
Moreover if at any time you believe that any personal data we are holding about you is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, please tell us by emailing us at email@example.com and we will work with you to address.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
How to Contact Us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at:
The Edgewater Hotel
Global Compliance, Privacy
1001 Wisconsin Pl
Madison, WI 53703
If you are not satisfied with our response to any queries or complaints you raise with us or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection laws you have the right to lodge a complaint at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (https://ico.org.uk/). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.