Wedding Planning Checklist: Five Tips To Keep You Stress-Free
Every couple hopes for their wedding day to move as smoothly as possible. Below are five tips that Michael Stapleton, our wedding planning expert, suggests when planning your special day.
- Hire a planner. At least for the day of. You want to be able to enjoy your wedding day, and not worry about all of the little things that could go wrong. A planner will help you execute even the smallest details, like music, timelines and photography. This way, you and everyone you’ve invited, can celebrate and enjoy each other!
- Taste your food before you serve it. It’s good to be fully aware of the food you’ll be serving and ensure that it meets your expectations. An appetizer could sound unappealing on paper, but its flavor and presentation may blow you away in-person.
- Forget about Pinterest. People rely on Pinterest nowadays to plan the artistic details of their wedding. However, the dozens of “pins” — or ideas they gather from Pinterest — they love tend to be disjointed and they don’t work together to support the overall theme of the wedding. Be creative! Stay true to the elegant “dream wedding” you’ve always envisioned. Things will come together more smoothly this way.
- Keep the night moving. Here’s yet another reason to hire a planner. Your guests attend your wedding to participate in your special day, of course. But they are also there to enjoy dinner and drinks. Make sure all meals are served in a timely fashion, and speeches don’t drag on forever, to keep guests happy and the evening in full swing.
- Plan, plan, plan. Last, but certainly not least: plan down to the smallest detail as much as you can before the big day. Your wedding day is meant to be one of the best of your life! Don’t waste a minute worrying about it when you’re saying “I do.”
Special Blog Offer: Schedule your rehearsal dinner with The Edgewater – the planner will receive either dinner for two at one of our restaurants (value up to $200), or a 90-minute spa treatment of his or her choice (value up to $200).Offer valid for events booked by 10/31/15. If no planner present, bride will receive the gift.
Published on Sep 22 2015
Tags: live music madison